Our Meals on Wheels service provides clients with balanced, nutritious meals and regular social contact.
- All meals are delivered between 11:00am and 1:00pm by friendly, caring volunteers.
- We offer short term, long term or occasional meal options depending on your needs.
- Meals are prepared in professional kitchens, and provide well balanced and provide 40% of required daily nutrient intake.
Hot Chinese Meal Programme
- the only special diet available is diabetic
- we cannot accommodate requests for preferences
- Chinese meals are only available Monday through Friday (no weekend or holiday delivery)
- Sample Chinese Meal Menu (PDF)
Hot Western Meal Programme
- We deliver Sunday through Friday, statutory holidays included
- 28-day rotating menu and a full range of special diets (i.e. diabetic, low-fat, low-salt, minced, puree). We also accommodate dietary preferences.
- Each meal includes:
- two slices of whole wheat bread or rolls with margarine, a cup of soup, a main course of protein, starch, a vegetable and dessert.
- Sample Hot Meal Menu (PDF)
Frozen Meal Programme
- Frozen meals are delivered once per week.
- Clients choose from a menu. Packages may be ordered (e.g. 5-7 entrees plus 5-7 soups/desserts, or 7 entrees) OR individual entrees, soups, desserts and breakfast snacks may be ordered.
- Thickened juices are also available.
- Meals can be heated in a regular or microwave oven.
- Order before 5 p.m. on Thursday for delivery the following week.
- Frozen meal menu – regular diet (PDF)
- Frozen meal menu – special diet (PDF)
- Frozen meal nutrition information (link)
This service is available to anyone who needs assistance with meal preparation, and who lives in the area outlined in this map:
If you live outside of our service area, please visit caredove.com to find the services you need.
- Nutritious meals delivered to your door.
- Regular client contact to help ensure safety and security.
- Access to a professional social worker who assists in the event of emergencies and who links clients with other services as needed.
- Client choice in delivery schedule and frequency.
Fees: (effective April 1, 2018)
- Hot Western meal: $6.60
- Hot Chinese meal: $6.60
- Extra portion hot meal (approx. 50% more protein than a regular meal): $7.60
- 237ml container of 2% milk: $0.60
- Frozen entrée: $5.25
- Frozen soup or dessert or breakfast snack: $1.75
- Frozen meal package (includes entrée plus soup or dessert): $6.85
- Package of 7 frozen entrées: $35.00 ($5.00 each entrée)
We bill at month end. Payment may be made by cash, cheque, credit or debit card or e-transfer. Financial assistance is available, upon request, to those who qualify.
Contact us to get started: