Our Meals on Wheels service provides clients with balanced, nutritious meals and regular social contact.
Chinese meals now available!
We are pleased to announce the addition of Chinese meals to our hot Meals on Wheels programme. Menu items include: Pork Chow Mein; Teriyaki Chicken, Chinese Style Cod; and Pork with Black Bean Sauce. Meals include soup, dessert, bread and margarine.
The price remains the same as the Western hot meals, at $6.60, but with the following limitations:
- the only special diet available is diabetic
- we cannot accommodate requests for preferences
- Chinese meals are only available Monday through Friday (no weekend or holiday delivery)
Hot Western Meal Programme
- We deliver Sunday through Friday.
- All meals are delivered between 11:00am and 1:00pm by friendly, caring volunteers.
- We offer short term, long term or occasional meal options depending on your needs.
- Meals are well balanced and provide 40% of required daily nutrient intake.
- This service is available to anyone who needs assistance with meal preparation, and who lives in the area outlined in this map:
If you live outside of our service area, please visit caredove.com to find the services you need.
Hot Meal Service:
- Prepared fresh daily by professionals and checked by staff for quality-control.
- 28-day rotating menu and a full range of special diets (i.e. diabetic, low-fat, low-salt, minced, puree). We also accommodate dietary preferences.
- Each meal includes:
- two slices of whole wheat bread or rolls with margarine, a cup of soup, a main course of protein, starch, a vegetable and dessert.
- Sample Hot Meal Menu (PDF)
Frozen Meal Service:
- We offer frozen meals that are delivered once per week (Wednesday, usually although alternatives can be arranged).
- Clients make selections from a menu. Packages may be ordered (e.g. 5-7 entrees plus 5-7 soups/desserts, or 7 entrees) OR individual entrees, soups, desserts and breakfast snacks may be ordered.
- Our frozen meals contain more protein and vitamins and less sodium and fat than those available in grocery stores.
- Thickened juices are also available.
- Meals can be heated in a regular or microwave oven.
- Orders must be placed before 5 p.m. on Thursday for delivery the following week.
- Frozen meal menu – regular diet (PDF)
- Frozen meal menu – special diet (PDF)
- Frozen meal nutrition information (link)
- Nutritious meals delivered to your door.
- Regular client contact to help ensure safety and security.
- Social interaction with our volunteers.
- Access to a professional social worker who provides follow up in the event of emergencies and who also links clients with other services that would help them stay healthy and independent at home.
- Client choice in delivery schedule and frequency.
- Delivery on all statutory holidays.
- Flexible personalized service that caters to the needs and preferences of all clients.
Fees: (effective April 1, 2018)
- Hot meal: $6.60
- Extra portion hot meal (approx. 50% more protein than a regular meal): $7.60
- 237ml container of 2% milk: $0.60
- Frozen entrée: $5.25
- Frozen soup or dessert or breakfast snack: $1.75
- Frozen meal package (includes entrée plus soup or dessert): $6.85
- Package of 7 frozen entrées: $35.00 ($5.00 each entrée)
We issue invoices at the end of the month.
Payment can be made by cash or cheque, by mail, or returned to the office with our volunteers. We also accept Visa, MasterCard and Debit and E-transfer.
Financial assistance is available, upon request, to those who qualify.
Contact us to get started: